- Most Popular Everglades Program
Everglades Experience: Guided Tour of Royal Palm, Nike Missile Site, and Pa-hay-okee!
A small group naturalist guided tour including the Nike missile site and wildlife viewing.
- Multi-stop Naturalist guided activity with an opportunity to tour the Nike Missile Site!
- 10 people maximum
- The program starts at the Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center.
- The program finishes at your last stop in the park, Institute van will arrive back at Ernest Coe Visitor Center at about 30 minutes after the finish of the program. The advertised time of this program includes the drive back to Ernest Coe Visitor Center.
- Ride in the Institute’s 8-passenger van or travel in your own vehicle while communicating with your Naturalist via radios in between stops.
- Ages 5+ welcome (must be 12+ to ride in the Institute van).
- Cost $60/person (Park Entrance Fee is not included if you choose to travel in your own vehicle).
- Participant Ages 5+ Drive in personal vehicle following the Institute van. Does not include Park Entrance Fee.
- Passenger Ages 12+ Ride in an 8 passenger van with the Naturalist. Park Entrance Fee is included.
Discover the Everglades
Have an Institute Naturalists guide you through the Everglades and discover the fascinating history and ecosystem of this unique National Park!
Join your Naturalist in our 8 Passenger van or follow in your own vehicle. This program will make stops at key park locations, such as Royal Palm, the Nike Missile Site, and the Pa-hay-okee Overlook. At each stop, enjoy leisurely walks and talks by an experienced Institute Naturalist as you will spot wildlife, witness the amazing history of the area, and learn how the Everglades ecosystem works.
Choose to be a passenger and ride in the Insitute’s 8-passenger van or participate by driving in your own vehicle. The advertised time of this program includes the drive back to Ernest Coe Visitor Center.
This trip begins at Everglades National Park Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center located at 40001 State Hwy 9336, Homestead, FL 33034. Type ‘Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center’ into your GPS to be brought to this location. It is the first visitor center at the Homestead entrance and is located before the entrance gates.
Upon arrival, please check-in with your Institute Naturalist by the flagpole outside of the Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
You will then caravan or ride in the Institute Van to your tour locations. The trip will end at your last stop at Mahogany Hammock, if you travel in your own vehicle, you can continue exploring other areas in the park.
Participants must be 5 years and older to join this tour.
Any guests riding in the Institute Van must be 12 years and older.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
We recommend bringing the following items for this tour:
- Plenty of Water
- Bug Repellent and/or bug jacket
For this program, you can decide to drive your own car or ride in our Institute Van when booking.
If you decide to use your own vehicle, you will be given a walkie to communicate with your guide during the trip. Please note that if you decide to use your own vehicle, park entrance is not included. You will have to pay the park entrance fee at the start of the tour. The park entrance ticket will allow you to re-enter the park for a week. At the end of the tour, you may continue to explore other areas of the park on your own.
If you decide to ride in the Institute Van, we ask that all guests in the van are 12 years and older. There is space for a maximum of 8 passengers in the van. All guest in the Institute Van must return to the Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center with the Naturalist at the end of the tour.
No printing necessary. You can even complete the waivers on your phone! Adults over the age of 18 must complete and submit their own waiver. Minors ages 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian complete and submit a waiver on behalf of the minor. There are separate waivers for adults and minors, please be sure you are completing the appropriate waiver. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. To complete the waiver process, you will need to confirm your email address through and email that will be sent by Smartwaiver.
If you have a medical condition described on the Medical Statement or any other condition that would be contrary to safe participation in any activities, you must provide documentation that you sought the advice of a physician prior to engaging in any activities.