Health & Safety
This program presents a great opportunity to safely explore the Everglades with an experienced Naturalist.
- Travel safely in the comfort of your own vehicle.
- Face mask requirements when with the group.
- All visitors will remain 6 ft from other parties to remain socially distant.
- Half-Day All ages, under 5 free
Discover the Everglades
Want to discover the fascinating history and ecosystem of the Florida Everglades? Join the Institute Naturalists for a half-day program.
You will make stops along our route at key park locations, such as Royal Palm, Nike Missile Site, Pa-hay-okee Overlook, and Mahogany Hammock.
Rates and Time
- The cost is $45 per person, under 5 free (Park entrance not included)
- Program starts at 10:00 am, daily
- Advance Reservations strongly suggested
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time in order to check in.
- Multi-stop Naturalist guided with an exclusive opportunity to tour the NIKE Missile Site!
- 10 people maximum
- Program starts at 10:00 am.
- Program finishes at 2:00PM at your last stop in the park
- Learn about key locations in the Royal Palm Area over four (4) hours.
- All ages welcome! Under 5 is free.
- Cost $45/person
During this program, you will be following our Naturalists in your own vehicle throughout the Park. There is a maximum of three (3) vehicles allowed on the program to ensure a safe caravan and small group. The car caravan will make stops along our route at key park locations, such as Royal Palm, NIKE Missile Site, Pa-hay-okee Overlook and Mahogany Hammock. At each stop, enjoy leisurely walks and talks as you look out for alligators, birds, or other unique treasures the Everglades has to offer. This program is your ONLY chance to tour the NIKE Missile Site as it is currently closed to the general public!
On this half-day program, you will be guided by an experienced Institute Naturalist through the Everglades. This engaging trip will give you insights on how and why Everglades National Park was formed, how human actions have affected the park in the past and present, and the different ecosystems that make up our Park. Over four hours, you and your family will spot wildlife, learn some of the amazing history, and discover how the Everglades ecosystem works.
- This trip begins at Everglades National Park Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center located at 40001 State Hwy 9336, Homestead, FL 33034.
- The trip will end at your last stop, this will allow you to continue exploring other areas in the park
- Upon arrival, please check-in with your Naturalist by the flagpole outside of the Coe Visitor Center. Arrive 30 minutes before departure.