Everglades Immersion: Cypress Slog
Small group, Naturalist guided slough slog through the cypress domes near Pa-hay-okee.
This program presents a great opportunity to safely explore the Everglades with an experienced Naturalist.
- Travel to slog location in your own vehicle.
- Slog Participant Ages 12+
Explore the Everglades’ Cypress Domes
During this program, you will be guided by an Institute Naturalist through the cypress forests of the Everglades. Immerse yourself in the world of cypress domes and alligators as we study the hidden story of elevation and water flow. You’ll also search for fish, air plants, and other critters in the cypress forest. Be ready to get wet and have fun!
Rates and Time
- The cost is $40 per person (NPS Park entrance fee is not included. This is a per vehicle fee collected at the entrance gate)
- Program starts at 3:30 pm, daily
- Program meets at flagpole outside of Ernest F. Coe Visitor center and you will follow your naturalist to slog location.
- Advance Reservations are required.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time in order to check in.
- Guided wet walk through sawgrass prairies and cypress domes with an Institute Naturalist!
- 10 people maximum
- Program starts at 3:30 pm and meets at the flagpole outside of Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center.
- Program finishes at 5:30 pm.
- Learn about key Everglades resources and habitats in an immersive experience.
- Participants must be 12+ years old and minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- We require long pants and closed toed lace up shoes that can get wet. We encourage hats, sunscreen, and insect repellent. All participants must wear a mask at all times.
- Cost $40/person (Entrance fee not included)
Everglades Immersion: Cypress Slog Program
On this two hour program, you will be guided by an Institute Naturalist through the Cypress Swamps. Immerse yourself in the world of cypress domes and alligators as we study the hidden story of elevation and water flow. Search for fish, air plants, and other critters in the cypress forest. Be ready to get wet and have fun!
We require long pants and closed toed lace up shoes that can get wet. We encourage hats, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Depending on the time of year, the water levels can be low and this may result in it being a dry walk as opposed to a wet walk. On the other hand, sometimes water levels can reach waist/ chest level. Participants must be 12 years of age and older.
- This program meets at Everglades National Park Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center located at 40001 State Highway 9336, Homestead , FL 33034.
- The program will caravan to the slogging location, where you will follow behind your guide in your own vehicle.
- Upon arrival, please check-in with your Naturalist by the flagpole outside of the Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center. Arrive 15 minutes before departure.