This program presents a great opportunity to safely explore the Everglades with an experienced Naturalist.
- Share a canoe with members of your own party.
- Face mask requirements when with the group.
- All visitors will remain 6 ft from other parties to remain socially distant.
- $ 79
Explore the Everglades
Want to paddle through the natural beauty of the diverse ecosystems in the Florida Everglades? Join the Institute Naturalists for a three (3) hour morning paddling program.
Rates and Time
– The cost is $79 per person (NPS Park entrance is not included. This is a per vehicle fee collected at the Homestead Entrance)
– Program starts at 9:30 am, daily
– Meet Institute Naturalist at Nine Mile Pond (located off Main Park Road before you enter the Flamingo District).
– Advance Reservations required.
– Please arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time in order to check in.
– Guided canoe trip through the sawgrass prairies and mangroves with an Institute Naturalist!
– 8 people maximum (4 two-person canoes). You must share a two- person canoe with a member of your own party. No single bookings allowed.
– Program starts at 9:30 am and meets at Nine Mile Pond.
– Program finishes around 12:30 pm.
– Learn about the ecology, the influence of water flow on Everglades ecosystems and how humans have impacted the environment.
– Participants must be 12+ years old and minors must be accompanied by an adult. Paddling experience is recommended.
– Cost $79/person (Entrance fee not included)
Paddling in the Park Program
On this three hour program, you will be guided by an Institute Naturalist through the sawgrass and mangroves. Immerse yourself in the Everglades wilderness with this primitive paddle as we study tropical hammocks, sawgrass prairies, and mangrove ecology, the influence of water flow on Everglades ecosystems and how humans have impacted the environment in the Park.
You must wear a mask for the duration of the program. We encourage hats, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Remember to bring water and a camera! Participants must be 12 years of age and older. Prior paddling experience is recommended.
– This program meets at Nine Mile Pond, located along Main Park Road a little over 25 miles away from the Homestead park entrance.
– Please note there are no restrooms or other facilities at this location. Restrooms are located at Ernest F Coe Visitor Center, Royal Palm, Ling Pine Key and Flamingo.
– Upon arrival, please check-in with your Naturalist. Arrive 30 minutes before departure.